Friday, April 10, 2009

Auberge de Nicolas Flamel

As an avid Harry Potter fan, I really wanted to check out the home of alchemist Nicolas Flamel. Flamel was an actual person who lived in Paris - and he's been featured in many novels, plays, and movies.

His home is the oldest one in Paris and currently houses a good restaurant. I got dressed up in my new violet silk dress, cute gold flats, and a beautiful necklace from Indian designer Amrita Singh. I felt amazing, beautiful, and sexy tonight.

Auberge de Nicolas Flamel is hidden on a sidestreet in the 3rd arrondissement. I thought I knew how to get there, but ended up needing Google Maps on my iPhone to find the place. A hidden, secret location was a good start.

The charming host and the rest of the staff took great care of me. The atmosphere was perfect: rustic beams across the ceiling, intimate dining room, a single candle on every table, white tablecloths, and a single bird of paradise flower in a vase on my table.

I had two glasses of pink champagne. Don't know why (maybe Easter?) but I've been obsessed with having some pink champagne for days. I had a scallops and shrimp appetizer and roasted lamb and vegetables. Dessert was a taster platter of chocolate mousse cake, a chocolate slightly anise ice cream, and passion fruit creme with a kiwi slice.

At the end, the handsome and charming host asked me to stay and join him for a drink. I LOVE this city. I, of course, declined and took the Metro home to talk to my husband on Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment