Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another adventurous class with Jean Charles

After Shawn decided to answer a question he didn't know in English, Jean Charles enacted a new class rule. A 10 Euro fine for every time a student breaks out in English. Sara's three English language outbursts occurred before the new rule. I hope Jean Charles actually collects.

I made friends with Olga today. She's here from Moscow for two years because her husband was transferred to Paris for work. She, her 17 year old daughter, 3 year old son, and husband live near the Seine. Natsuki was back today after being absent on Tuesday. She is hopelessly lost. I try to explain and help her as best I can, but I'm afraid she's in over her head.

The highlight of today's class was Jean Charles on French President Nicholas Sarkozy. Jean Charles despises Sarkozy and claims that the French are the laughing stocks of Europe because of him. It's sad, but I sort of enjoy Jean Charles on a rant. Jean Charles likes Sarkozy's wife, Carla Bruni. Apparently she is beautiful, intelligent, and elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment