Sunday, March 29, 2009

Marché Bastille

This is perhaps one of the best farmers markets that I have ever been to. Fresh meat, seafood, and fruits draw your eye from one table to the next.

I was totally immersed in the sights and sounds of the amazing market when it happened.

I got pooped on by a pigeon. Yuck!

I wiped it off and tried to be brave. Then I started to fear that I didn't get it all off. Here I was that weird American walking around with pigeon poop on her face. Since my apartment was close by, I surrendered and went home for a thorough shower.

I entered my temporary domicile and saw that I had gotten it all off my face. So, I washed my bangs in the sink, tossed my new 5 euro scarf in the washer, wiped off my jacket, and prepared to face the market for a second time. It's tempting to hide in my apartment and watch French soap operas and music videos instead on this somewhat lazy Sunday, but I am "cowboying up" and heading out instead.

The red peppers, fresh tuna, delectable Morrocan food, and brioches are calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment