Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jean Charles and the smackdown

Jean Charles and I share a common pet peeve: people who speak English in French class.

Today, several Americans joined my French class. Sara, a blond MBA student from University of Southern California, and Shawn, a young & fabulously gay black man from Los Angeles. Sara is one of those people who needs to talk. When Sara couldn't easily find the words in French, she would break into English or say English words with an American accent.

Jean Charles politely reminded Sara both the first and second time that she must "forget" English in his classroom. By the fourth time, I thought he was going to kill her and I was silently rooting for him to do just that.

After the seventh time, Jean Charles lost it and started ranting. My special thanks to Jean Charles for saying exactly what I was thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment