Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The 4am phone call

I went to bed insanely early last night at 8:30pm because I literally couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I woke up at 4am and noticed that my Mom had text messaged me to call her on Skype ASAP.

I love Skype for moments like these: My youngest sister was accepted to Yale yesterday with a nearly 100% scholarship. (She's also been accepted to Berkeley, University of Chicago, Tufts, UC Davis, and UC San Diego too. All of those but Tufts with 100% scholarships. )

Andrea and I did the happy dance together with full audio and video over Skype. We laughed as I reminded her I was the one who knew she would get in.

When I got off the phone, I almost cried with pride. I was pretty tired though and fell back asleep instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment